Pages

03 August 2013

july 2013 haul.

Hello all! Thursday was my last day watching my friend's kids since she is now done with school. This for me means no more money coming my way! However, I start school in October, so all is good. I probably won't get to do these great hauls for a while either, which is okay with me because I die a little inside when I get home after shopping and see how much I bought. But I love everything! It's a Catch-22.

Anyway, I am splitting up my haul again, but this time it is because I bought things online, which I never do, so I thought I'd put them in a separate post.


nails. 

Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat in All Yarned Up: I thought these looked fun, and these particular colors were different than the other ones they had in the line. I haven't seen this one anywhere but at Walgreens and Rite Aid. I actually haven't really looked, but I guess what I mean is, I notice Target doesn't have it. I thought the color combination was fun. I cannot wait for the new line from China Glaze to come out that is similar to this. HOWEVER, I haven't tried this yet, but I put a coat of it on one of my mom's nails and she said that it kept getting caught in her hair. I am sure if it were to have a top coat on it it wouldn't do that. I hope.. 

Wet n Wild Wild Shine Nail Polish in Who is Ultra Violet?: I saw this neon line when it came out and loved every color. I didn't buy them all, though, but I wish I did because they were on sale for $.69 at the time (not that $.99 will break the bank, but cheaper is cheaper!). I tried this with white underneath and also by itself and I didn't notice a difference. It is a pretty purple and I can't wait to wear it!

Sally Hansen Salon Insta Gel Strips Gel Manicure Kit in Red My Lips: I plan on posting a review of this SOON. I bought it at Rite Aid back when their Sally Hansen products were 40% off, with the $10 off coupon, and the buy a kit and get a free set of strips; it all came out to $7.99 with $5 on my Wellness card. I think if it didn't come to be so cheap in the end, I would never have bought any kind of gel anything. They haven't been on my wishlist at all. 

Sally Hansen Salon Insta Gel Strips in Deco-Great!: These were in a display up front at Rite Aid and I thought they were so cute. And FREE. 

L.A. Colors Color Craze in Confetti: $1, and pretty glitter? Sold. 

Charming Charlie Nail Lacquer in Glow Mix: I saw something like this online a while ago from Urban Outfitters, but when I actually got a chance to go to one, they didn't have them anymore. I am excited to try this. We just recently got a Charming Charlies (or whatever) in next door to out Ulta. I don't really care for the store, but they had pretty polish and yummy perfume. 

Nail Rock Nail Wraps in Tribal Gold: (review here) - I have already done a review on these, mentioning I didn't like them all that much. Check it out!

Sally Hansen All Yarned Up, LA Colors Confetti

makeup.

Bare Minerals High Shine Eye Color in Glisten: I bought this at a local spa that I had a gift card for. All of their BE products were on sale for 40% off because they won't be selling the brand anymore. I have always wanted this particular color, so I was super excited to see it still there! It is very pigmented, so if I were to use the sponge that comes with it, it would be really sparkley. Because I don't really want that on a daily basis, I tend to just swipe some on my lip with the sponge, and then I take an eye shadow brush and blend it all over the lid. Perfect.

Bare Minerals READY Luminizer in The Love Affair: I also got this for 40% off. This is just a highlighter with a pink tint to it. They also had one with yellow, but I have a lot of those, so I thought I'd try this kind. It works pretty well, but I haven't been using highlighters this summer because it just makes me look oily..but come winter I will love using this everyday! 

Urban Decay Eye Shadow Potion: I ordered from Urban Decay website a while ago when they had their XL De-Slicks sprays on clearance (with the old bottle) for super cheap, and they sent some samples of their products, this being one of them. I really liked it..so I bought a travel size one.

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit: I bought this along with a few other things at Ulta with my 20% off coupon I got in the mail. I have to say, the color is really pretty, but it creases after wearing it for about 4 hours. For the longest time I hated cream eye shadows because I do have oily lids, but then Maybelline Color Tattoos came out and I loved them. They last forever on the lid! Benefits are a lot creamier than Maybelline. I also used to put my foundation on all over my face, including my eyelids, and then put my eye shadow on, etc. but I can't do that with the Benefit Cream Shadows. The first time I used this, it blended with my foundation and wasn't pretty at all. The next day I tried it again on my bare lid and it is a lot prettier. I think I will try it with primer underneath (which defeats the whole purpose, but I really want some other colors from this line!).

L'Oreal Power Volume Collagen in Blackest Black: I had $5 on my Rite Aid Wellness card, and since it was going to expire soon, I thought I'd just get a mascara. I kind of like this one I guess..I thought I had picked up the 24 HR one, which I had tried before and loved, but Rite Aid's L'Oreal mascara section was a mess so I guess I picked up the wrong one. I will definitely keep using it, but I like the 24 HR one a lot more!

MAC Eye Shadow in Naked Lunch: I have seen this on many different blogs, so I thought I'd finally get it! I really like to wear this on top of a lot of my cream shadows, but I also like to wear this alone. It is great for everyday.

Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light to Medium Bisque: I started using Maybelline's Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiance, which is a pinky color for under eyes, and I loved how it got rid of my circles. I have really dark circles under my eyes no matter what I do. I finished up my second tube of it and decided to try something new and I have heard nothing but good things about Bobbi Brown's Correctors. This works a lot better on bare skin (so I also stopped putting my foundation on under my eyes as well), right after putting on an eye cream. I use my BeautyBlender to put this on. When I went to the counter she put a regular concealer on top of  this so the color blends, but I never did that when I was using the Maybelline one, so I don't do it with this. I don't notice it being pink, so I don't see any reason to do it. 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Brunette: I love this. I was worried about it being so skinny that it would break, or that it wouldn't last a long time, but that isn't really an issue. It isn't like a normal eye pencil, it is a lot heavier (I guess). I haven't been using it long, but I don't think I will be done with it soon. It is a perfect match for me. Before I had been using a matte powder that was also a perfect match...from an E.L.F. palette. I was running out, and I didn't want to go buy a new palette just for the one color, so I bought this with my coupon at Ulta as well. I hear nothing but good things about this brand for brows, so why not!?

random. 

Lavanila The Healthy Candle in Vanilla Lavender: I got this for $5 at TJ Maxx. It smells SO yummy. It reminds me of a conditioner I got from Lush, and one from Eva NYC that I bought a while ago (its probably the Vanilla). I notice it isn't on Sephora website, so that is probably why it was at TJ Maxx. I haven't burned it yet because I would much rather have my ceiling fan on, but come winter I will burn it! 

BioSil: I started taking these a month ago and saw them much cheaper on Amazon so I bought them. I have noticed some baby hairs along my hairline, so that has to be a good thing! A lot of reviewers said they noticed more about 6 months in, so I look forward to it. 

Clarisonic Sensitive Brush Head: I got this with my Ulta coupon. I just needed a new brush, and this is one I used when I had the Mia 2 (before I exchanged it for the Mia) and I liked it more than the normal brush. I have been using the Acne brush, and I hadn't noticed a difference with my acne so..yeah.

Baby Foot Peel in Lavender: I am doing a review on this. So amazing, but so gross! I probably won't subject you to pictures of my feet though..maybe.

Clarins Lotus Oil (Sample): I have heard nothing but good things about this oil for oily skin, so I got a sample of it from Macy's. I hope it works well! Maybe not, it IS $50..


That is it for this part of my haul! I realize that in the first picture I had a body wash in the picture, but I haven't used it at all, and wasn't planning on using it anytime soon. I like to buy things when they're on sale and keep them for future uses..it is also great to find something in your cabinet when you run out of something. It does smell so yummy (Vanilla Mint), like Sweet Mint gum by Orbit. I got it at Lassens on sale for $9.99.

Have you tried anything I've shown? Likes/dislikes? Let me know!

Stay tuned for the last part of my haul tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment