Pages

13 June 2013

a collective haul part 3 - nails, makeup, and random.

Here is the last part of my "haul". There is makeup, nail polish, and some random things. Enjoy!


Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum: I got all these Physician's Formula items at CVS when they were on sale, and I also used $2 and $3 of coupons so they were really inexpensive. I really like PF, but they are pricey for drugstore makeup. I really like this eyeliner! I don't know if it is boosting my lashes in any way, however. It is such a nice dark line, and it isn't too thin or thick which I like. It is a felt tip, which I also like. I think I will definitely buy this again (when they're on sale, of course).

Physician's Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Lash Boosting Mascara: I was wanting an organic mascara so I bought two from PF, and this one is great. The brush is pretty big and makes my lashes dark and full. It doesn't smudge or flake on me, and I have oily skin/lids. 

Physician's Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara: This is a good mascara also, but I usually save it for days I'm making my makeup more natural because it doesn't exactly make my lashes full and voluminous. I  also like to use this under Maybelline's The Rocket mascara because it does separate the lashes well.

Maybelline The Rocket Mascara: This mascara is not my favorite. The brush is VERY stiff, and it also gets a lot of mascara on the wand, which can be a bit messy. Because of this problem, I like to use it on top of another mascara (like the PF natural origin mascara) because I feel it helps it not put a ton of product on my lashes, if that makes sense. This is a really dark mascara, makes my lashes long, but it takes to tries to get it all off my lashes when I am taking off my makeup at night. 

NYX Love in Rio Eye Shadow Palette in Amazonian Babes: I like this palette a lot. NYX eyeshadows are really smooth and buttery, but they tend to not have the best color payoff. That is fine with me, because I use these on top of Maybelline Color Tattoos, so they pop a lot better. I use all three colors on my lid for a nice everyday eye.

NYX Stay Matte but Not Flat Liquid Foundation: This isn't my favorite foundation. I was looking for a cruelty-free alternative to my foundations, and this seemed like the perfect choice since I have oily skin. Even the cashier said she loves it and uses it everyday. I feel this doesn't go on very smooth, but as I say that, I think i might try putting it on with my fingers maybe. I don't like doing that, but I know sometimes it makes a difference! 


Essie Sleek Sticks in Stickers and Stones: I haven't used these yet, but I am excited to do so!

Crystal Essence Mineral Deodorant Body Spray in Lavender & White Tea: I know this is pretty random, but I like this. It says you can use it as a body spray, but I just stick to deodorant. I live in a hot place, and this doesn't make me smell bad at the end of the day. It doesn't exactly keep the sweat away, but nothing does for me. It smells good also, and it comes in three (I think) different scents.


Orly Mini Argan Cuticle Oil: I like to use this at night before bed. It can be a tad messy since it's a brush, but that's why I use it before bed. This is lasting me a long time, because I have been using it at least every other day and it barely has made a dent!

NYX Matte Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray: I didn't like this at all when I first got it. It only says to use it when you're finished with your makeup, and that didn't work at all. Finally I used it like I use Urban Decay's De-Slick and put it on before and after my makeup. It isn't the best (not like UD) but it works better than it did when I used it after makeup. It will probably be nice to use in the winter. HOWEVER, it has a funny smell AND it has a horrible spray. It goes on really heavy, which can be a pain. It doesn't have a fine mist over your face, it doesn't even have a medium mist. If I use this, I spray it all over, very fast (I find it works better than just a spray here and there). You can hold this a foot away from your face and it is still heavy. I also wait until after spraying to put my mascara on, just in case it causes it to run or something.

The Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream: I got this because it was only $10 at Ulta, and I love rose. It is for mature skin, but I don't care. It makes my hands hydrated and soft. I also use this before bed, but there is no reason for that other than I forget about it until I am sitting in my bed and see it on my bedside table. It also comes in Hemp (which is also for cuticles) and Almond. 

Tweezerman Toe Nail Clippers: These are fantastic for those who like their nails square cut! I have only seen Tweezerman make these style of clippers, and they are a pretty pricey brand, but I think they're worth it. I got these at Walgreens, but I have see them at Target for cheaper (and not with the big ugly flower), and Sallys has them in a two pack with fingernail size clippers. Even though these are toe nail clippers I use them for my hands. I might get another set for my toes because I have problems with cutting my big toe nail and these would be perfect for them.


Essie Miss Fancy Pants: I got this on clearance. I was a little mad when I got home and saw that it is similar (not identical, though) to Chinchilly, which I have. It is pretty though, even if it is a little thick. I will have swatches posted at a later date!

Essie Come Here!: This was really pretty at Ulta until I got home and looked up swatches. For some reason I was seeing it as a really red coral color, but it is more of an orange/red..Then I wore it on my nails and I really liked it. It wasn't what I expected, but it is still pretty! 

Essie No Baggage Please: I haven't used this yet because I have been wearing a lot of pinks/reds lately, but when I do I will post a picture. The swatches I've seen online are pretty, though!


Wet n Wild ColorIcon Diamond in the Rough: I was excited to see these again at Walgreens, because I missed buying them the first time around. I will probably be getting more of these when I get more money because they're really fun!

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Mermaid's Tale: I had a $4 off coupon for Sally Hansen, so I finally was able to buy this! As many probably know, this is a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe.

Sinful Shine Most Sinful: I was excited to try these, but I didn't care for any of the colors they have right now. I got this one because I don't have anything like it, and it is pretty, but I wasn't blown away. The gold polish in the picture is Maybelline's Bold Gold with OPI's Golden Eye on top of it.

NYC Grand Central Station: I LOVE THIS. Every time I use this (all the time) I get asked if it's gel color. It is also cheap at $1.99 a bottle (unless you get it at Target/Walmart, $1.79). I love how great this is and how inexpensive it is considering I go through top coats really fast.


This was the last of my "haul"! I hope there are things you want to try now (or not try) now. Any questions about any product, from any day, just ask, I'll be happy to try and answer .

No comments:

Post a Comment