Pages

25 January 2012

Zoya Zara + Jules.


I was so excited when I checked the mail today and saw I FINALLY got my Zoya polishes. Not only are these my first Zoya polishes, but it is my first time ordering nail polishes (I usually buy in store).



I got Jules and Zara. Purple is my favorite color, and I really wanted one of the purples in the TRUE collection, but this one had to do. I still love it though!

I did a quick swatch with both colors on my nails (sorry for the messiness).

Zara is described on Zoya's website as being "a vivid blue-toned light purple with strong golden duochrome shimmer"; it is originally from the FLOURISH collection.
Jules is described as being "a sparkling neutral light taupe with gold, silver and champagne metallic shimmer"; it is originally from the INTIMATE collection.



They are both a bit sheer, but Jules just needs a couple coats and its good to go, probably because of all the shimmer in it. Zara on the other hand was still a bit sheer after three coats. I only have two cream purple polishes, so I tried them both for underneath it :

Wet n Wild On Tour
Sally Hansen  No Hard Feelings                       



I decided to use Sally Hansen No Hard Feelings because it looked just like Zara did alone, just not sheer anymore. Here is what No Hard Feelings looks like alone :



This is one of my favorite nail polishes and colors. It was the first HARD AS NAILS I bought when they re-did their look and I thought it was so beautiful. It also did make my nails hard as nails :)..Here it is with Zara over it :



See? Looks just like the color in the bottle. I really like these colors together. Zara looks pretty on top of On Tour also, I just might have to do that also some other time.

Zoya polishes retail $8. I bought these during a promotion on their website (2 free polishes, just pay shipping).

No comments:

Post a Comment