Pages

17 June 2012

neon skittles.

I've been wanting to do neon skittle nails with black on top (a tape mani) but have been too lazy to cut tape and wait for it to dry (which can take FOREVER). So when I saw this manicure inspired by acid wash jeans, I decided to try it with black instead of white! I love it..thanks for the inspiration Jen! It is so simple to do, it makes me wonder why I never thought of it before since I used to layer polishes instead of taking it off and they looked like this a lot anyway!

Thumb: Wet n Wild Through the Grapevine; Pointer: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pacific Blue; Middle: Spoiled Permission to Proceed; Ring: Spoiled Did I Dye it Too Blonde?; Pinky: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Coral Reef; BLACK Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Black Heart
 

Just in case you wanted to see, this is what the colors looked like before I put black on top (except the pinky..I wanted to see if using black instead of white worked to I did the pinky first!). The yellow I had to use white underneath because it was SO SHEER. It looked like I was putting a highlighter on my nails it was so thin. The green is a darker color so it wasn't as bad, but next time I probably would use white under it also (I didn't this time).


What do you think? 


No comments:

Post a Comment