Pages

07 June 2013

a collective haul part 1 - face and body.

Well, summer is definitely here for me, everyday hotter than the last. I babysit for my friend while she goes to school, and thank goodness her mom has a nice pool at her house! I've also been battling a cold, which always sucks in the summer because it makes me hot and annoyed at everything..Bleh. On the upside, tonight is First Friday, which means local artists and crafts people are converging downtown to sell their stuff,  and even though it'll be hot, it is always fun to see what is out there. I also love to stop at the cafe downtown :)

Here is part 1 of my haul. I started getting everything together and realized there was a lot of stuff to share, so I made it into three parts! This is all face and body products I've bought recently. 


Derma E Exfoliating Mask with Fruit Enzymes and Dead Sea Salt (old tube called Cleansing Enzyme Mask): I bought this recently at a locally owned health food store, but Derma E is a popular brand. You can buy this at probably any health food store like Whole Foods, Lassens, etc. I have also seen this brand at Ulta! Anyway, I love this mask because it smells amazing (like pineapple), and it doesn't leave my skin tight and dry after using it. Learn more about it here and you can buy this on iherb.com for 30% off!

Caramance Rose Facial and Body Water: I got this at Ulta on sale. I found it on the shelf next to the Evian sprays, and was very interested in them. They have three different kinds - Pure, Rose, and Chamomile - but I've been obsessed with anything rose lately so the decision as to which one to buy was out of my hands. It doesn't really do anything that I can tell, of course I haven't tried it to set makeup or anything. I live in a dry, hot area so it's really refreshing to come home and spray this on my face. It is great because it doesn't mess with my makeup.

Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray For Normal to Dry Skin: I've said before I've been obsessed with anything rose, so that's why this purchase was made. The sad thing about products with rose anything in it is it is for "Normal to Dry Skin" or "Mature" skin, both of which I do not have! I have "Normal to Oily Skin" and I am only 24. That doesn't stop me from buying it, though. This doesn't make my skin oily at all. It's refreshing, smells good, and doesn't make me breakout - all a plus in my opinion! I don't know if it has done anything to my skin, but I do feel like I wake up refreshed with I use it at night, but it could also be the oil I use at night, too. I bought this at Lassens, but I'm sure you can buy it at any health food store, and even Ulta.

Boots Botanics All Bright Gentle Cleansing Cream: I don't know why I bought this, but I did. I have only tried it once, but I think I need to try it more than that to see if I like it. I still don't know how I'm supposed to use it. If you're interested in this, let me know and I'll do a follow-up! Can get at Target.

Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes: I got these on sale at Walgreens along with the Radiance wipes (and got 2000 points, woohoo!). I don't use them everyday, but they do well to take off my makeup, including mascara, and I like to use them at the end of a day where I don't wear makeup as a refresher.

Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil: I got this on sale at Lassens. I bought this, and then, as I usually do, I looked up reviews on it. I have seen nothing but good things about this whole Sea Buckthorn line! This is the oil I use after Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray and I feel like my skin is glowing in the morning. I only use it at night, but I have used it in the morning and it didn't make my oily skin oily at all, and it also did well under my makeup. A lot of people have used this on pretty much everything wrong with their body and has done wonders for them. It is also supposed to be great for KP, but because this product isn't exactly cheap, I think I am going to buy the cleansing bar to use on my arms where I have KP. I got this at Lassens, and I haven't seen it anywhere else in town (but I don't have a Whole Foods in town, so they probably sell it there).

Philosophy Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser: I got this for free at Ulta for being a Platinum Member. They were giving out Healthy Sexy Hair hair oil but they were out of it so I got this instead. I like it a lot, but I haven't been using it because I want to use up my other products I use to remove makeup. I may just have to buy the big one!

Lush Fresh Farmacy: I LOOVEE this. It smells good, it makes my skin soft, and I feel it helps keep my skin clear. I don't have a Lush in my town, but there is one about an hour away, so I like to stock up on products when I go, and this is one I will have to buy again. A lot of their products you can buy in any size you want, so I bought this as small as I could so I could try it.


Lush Aromaco Deodorant: I haven't tried this yet, but I've heard nothing buy good things about it!

Yardley London Skin Softening Bath & Shower Gel Mango and Lily: This was on clearance at Walgreens. It smells really yummy. It doesn't lather a lot when I put it on my loofa, but I still like it. 

Aubrey Creme de la Shave Raspberry Honey: I don't really use shave cream when I shave, but I thought I'd try this out because it was on sale at Lassens, and it works really well. It also smells good.

Tree Hut Olive & Shea Sugar Body Scrub Coconut Lime: I got this at Target, but you can also get it at Ulta. They do look different, however. The one at Ulta doesn't say "Olive" on it just "Shea", but they smell the same. I have been lusting after this at Ulta forever, but I don't use scrubs a whole lot so I just couldn't see spending $7.99 on it (but it is a pretty big jar, so now that I think about it, it is a pretty good deal). I have never seen this at Target before, but I went to one I haven't been to in a while and there it was, on sale for $6.49 AND there was a $1 off coupon on it. SOLD! I love it! It is a little rough, but having just used it on my hands, I think it'll be great on my body. I love the smell so much, also, but I have smelled the body butter and it doesn't smell the same. I don't like the smell of coconuts, and the body butter smells more like coconuts then the scrub does.

Lush Buffy: I like using this in the shower a lot! I scrub it all over my arms, wash the grains off, and then rub in the shea and cocoa butter that is left behind. I don't use it all the time to preserve it, but I think I'm going to buy the bigger one next time I go to Lush. 

Look out for Part 2 soon. If there is anything I have talked about that you have more questions about, just let me know! Or if there is anything you've tried on here that you also have liked/disliked let me know, I like to know what everyone's opinions are. Have a cool weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment