Pages

14 July 2013

stellar nova.

Recently, Walgreens had their Rimmel line on sale (BOGO 1/2 Off), so I thought it was the perfect time to buy Rimmel's Show Off Lip Lacquer. These recently came to the states, and as far as I know are only sold at Walgreens at the moment. I picked up a bright and a more toned town pink from this line.


stellar.


This is a very bright pink. It almost looks red, but it is pink (sorry, I'm kinda bad at describing color). I used only a little, because a little really does go a LONG way. I wore this one day and was a little disappointed when I looked in the mirror a couple hours later and saw it was bleeding. I have never had that problem with a lip color, so I think next time I'll use a lip liner and see how that works out.

nova.


This is a color I can see myself wearing more than Stellar. Again, you only need a little to cover your lips. I didn't notice any bleeding (feathering?) with this one, which made me like it more since that means I won't have to wear a lip liner with it! 

Both of these colors are really fun and bright for the summer. I can't see myself wearing these everyday because they are very opaque, and for an everyday lip I tend to lean towards sheer colors (and less glossy). Yes, they are very glossy, but they are LACQUERS. Some have described these as being like liquid lipstick, and I agree with that.

If these colors aren't your thing, they have a lot more (I think I read there are 14?). I believe these were $4.99 each, but on drugstore.com they're $5.49. I haven't seen these anywhere but Walgreens, and they're not even on Rimmel's website yet.

These names make me think of the song in Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century from Proto Zoa, "My super nova girl!"..Please tell me someone knows what I'm talking about!!

Let me know what you think about the colors, and if you own any of the Show Off Lip Lacquers! I'm interested to know if anyone had a problem with their lip color bleeding.. 

Have a great Sunday evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment