Pages

04 September 2013

august 2013 favorites.

Hello all! Today is a good day..great weather, and Starbucks is selling their Salted Carmel Mocha finally! If you haven't tried those, do it. The fraps aren't as good, but the hot drinks are amazing.

This is my first favorites post, which means I have quite a few. Some of them are staples in my routine, that I've used for years, but they are favorites of mine! And since I've never talked about them..I will on here.

 Makeup.
Wet n Wild Nude Awakening 8-Pan Palette - $4.99 Limited Edition
   This was a Spring palette they came out with this year, and then brought it back this Summer. I was able to get my hands on one and I love it. So much so that I bought one for my mom, and she loves it as well. It has some mattes, shimmer, dark, brown, everything in this nice little palette. Swatches at the end.

Urban Decay De-Slick XL Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray - $38
   I bought this on clearance on Urban Decay's site. I think I got it for $19. They have changed their packaging so they put these on clearance. I don't even see the XL sizes anymore anywhere, so I am glad I got my hands on this. It has lasted me a long time, because I only use it for important occasions, and in the Summer when my oily skin is out of control. My makeup stays in place for hours when I use this, and my skin doesn't get oily. The downside to this is after spraying it the second time (you're supposed to spray it before and after makeup) you can't blend your makeup without it being removed from your skin, if that makes sense. I wear sunglasses all the time, and I am always left with marks on my nose. Usually I just blend my makeup out and it goes away, but when I am using this spray I can't really blend it without it coming off completely.

Revlon Nearly Naked in Vanilla - $9.99 check it out here.
   I love how light this is on my skin. I like wearing this in the Summer (of course, since it hasn't really been out that long anyway). It doesn't really cover pimples or scars that well, but it covers my pores well and gives me a nice base. I just use a little concealer and my powder on top and all is well. 

Real Techniques Starter Kit - $17.99 check it out here.
   I didn't like these at first, but now I use them everyday. I love the angled brush for my eyebrows, the base brush as an all over brush, and the deluxe contour crease brush for..well..my crease. I use the other brush that came in the set as a concealer brush for small areas.

L'Oreal True Match Naturale Gentle Mineral Makeup in Light Ivory (458) - $13.99 check it out here.
   I have been using this since it first came out. I like to wear it alone as well for a natural look. It covers everything that my foundation doesn't. I don't know many people who use this, but I love it!

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - $27.00 check it out here.
   I like using this as a basic look, or as the start for a better look. I've been using these underneath other eye shadows, all over the lid with a shimmer in the crease, or a shimmer all over with a matte in the crease. I think you can use these for any look you want!

Maybelline Color Sensation Lip Gloss in Punch of Pink - $5 on clearance
   I love this color. I wear it almost every day. I got it on clearance at Walgreens, although I don't know why it was because I still see it at Rite-Aid on their tables. It is such a pretty everyday pink. Swatch at the end.

Beauty Blender Pure - learn about it here.
   I bought this on Amazon (here). It came with a solid cleanser and a Pure Beauty Blender for around $25. The Beauty Blender alone is almost $20, so this is a good deal. I love this. I get it damp and use it for almost everything - foundation, concealer, powder. I'm not sure I'd buy the Pure again, because my makeup looks like it doesn't come off of it, but I have heard the pink one bleeds when you clean it. Maybe I'll try the black one next..Either way, Amazon has really good deals on these, so check there first! Or Sephora sells the pink one.

Stila Grace - $18 check it out here.
   I went to get Kitten, but I loved this one more. It is almost a taupe brown, and I like to wear it on top of a lot of my cream shadows, and also alone. Swatch at the end.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, and Bold Gold - $6.99 check them out here.
   I was really surprised by these. My eye shadow doesn't crease all day. Some of my high end cream shadows can't say that! I have a lot of different colors, but these two are my go-to colors. I love to wear the gold for a nice golden brown look. I use the bronze for..well everything as well. I like to wear a pomegranate color on top of it. I have hit the bottom of Bold Gold, but there is still some left. I will definitely buy it again though. I haven't really worn these by themselves, but they are great either way. Swatches at the end (shows them blended and not blended).

Hair.
Healthy Sexy Hair Shampoo, Conditioner, and Soy Renewal Argan Oil - $14.95-21.95 
   I bought all of these on sale. Ulta has very good sales on their liter shampoo and conditioners, so I bought them then. This brand is one you can use their $3.50 off $10 coupon on! Then I got the oil at a local hair salon for $10. I love to use all of these, they make my hair soft. I like to use it at night after a shower, braid my hair, and the next day my hair is SO SOFT and SHINY. I love them all..

Perfume.  
Tokyo Milk I Want Candy (04) - $30 check it out here.
   I got this from my brother and sister-in-law for Christmas. I don't like to use it a lot because I love it and it smells so good (weird logic, I know). It is Crisp Apple, Peaches, Violets, and Roses. This is by Margot Elena, who also does other perfume brands like Love & Toast. I like a lot of scents from this line! The bottles are also really cute. They sell this at a local boutique, so I've been using it more since I have better access to it. This smells vintage, in my opinion. Yummmmmm.

Brash Bold Bloom - $6 on sale
   This is from Payless, and sadly, they no longer sell them. I'm not good at describing scents, but it is sweet, not too sweet. I like to wear this many times a week! It is a very girly scent, something I usually don't like to wear, but this one smells yummy.

Swatches.

No comments:

Post a Comment