Pages

28 January 2012

Day Twenty Three : Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss in Sand Glow (952)

DAY TWENTY-THREE :

Tonight I went to a mixer at the Art Museum, and while it was a bit casual, I like to do my makeup darker when going to events. It's the only time I actually wear my cool eye shadows! So tonight, I wore the new L'Oreal Infallible eye shadow in Perpetual Purple and a semi-nude lip. I mentioned it in my third day (here) that I had a lip gloss version of the lipstick I used, and I thought I'd wear it tonight. Here is my whole look :


This is me at the end of the night, I did not wear a blue sweatshirt! First I'll do the lip for today :





Okay, so I now realize it isn't really like the lipstick, it has more color than I remember. I have this in a similar color as well called Sandstone Shimmer, but this one was a Limited Edition Maybelline had out last summer. I like that it is nude, and it has gold in it. Love! I haven't tried any of the other colors in this line, and I don't know if I ever will because they are all shimmer/frosty looking. I didn't really want to buy this one, but I did anyway (which probably means I might love one of the other colors if I take a chance and buy it!).

Here is the eye shadow:






On the hand..I love this color. This eye shadow is so pigmented and shimmery. I was excited to use it :


I just did a simple eye with it, and keep in mind this was at the end of the night (but it is still really bright!) :



I used this eye shadow on the outer corner :


I really like that set of colors..well the brown and dark grey. I got them at the dollar store for..well..a dollar. They are also pigmented and so creamy smooth (and cruelty free!). They are a great buy.

Here's a list of what I used :
MAC Paints in Bare Canvas as a lid primer ($17.50)
L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow  in Perpetual Purple (555) on the inside of lid (about $7.99)
L.A. Colors 3 Eye Shadow in Sand Dune on the outer lid ($1.00)
ELF Liquid Eyeliner in Black ($1.00, but I got it in the holiday set with Silver and Copper for $3.00)
Maybelline Great Last Lots of Lashes in Blackest Black (I LOVE this mascara!! about $4.24)

...and on the lip :
Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss in Sand Glow (952) : about $6.49

No comments:

Post a Comment