Pages

08 January 2012

Tribal.

Well, I decided this week I wanted to do something different with my nails. Usually I do simple nails, then as the days progress, I add thing to my nail whether it is a french tip, glitter, dots, whatever. This time I wanted to plan my nails ahead of time!

I love the look of tribal nails. Some of them are so crazy, I sometimes think of asking the artists to show me their other hand :) Anyway, I just wanted something simple, so I googled "simple tribal nail" and went through images. I found a couple I liked, but I wanted to use my new blue and I had white nail art polish, so I was limited.

Here are the polishes I used:

ULTA Salon Formula Nail Lacquer in Set the Nude, L.A. Colors Art Deco in White, Love & Beauty Nail Polish in Sky Blue, and Seche Vite.


This is what the ULTA Set the Nude looked like alone. I Love the color, but the formula was so thick, it was hard to use at times. I don't think this is the case with the whole line, however, because I have a purple I have used before and it wasn't as bad as this was. I just really like the color.



This is the nicest my nails have ever looked after painting them. Usually I have nail polish everywhere on my hand. My philosophy was "eh...the rest of it will come off by tomorrow." But lately, I'd have build up along the cuticle, so as they grew it would leave it right in the middle of my nail..not pretty. So I literally googled "how to paint my nails like a pro" and the first person that popped up was someone I already follow! Here's the video in case you were curious.

Out of all the images I found on google, I used two, on just two nails. They're simple and turned out ok (on my left hand..don't ask to see the right!!). Here they are:


Close up of index finger:


I changed mine up a little from this girl's version by off setting the blue stripe and adding the blue dots down the side. I used a toothpick on this one to do the white, but then was able to borrow my sister-in-laws nail art polish when she got home! So much easier..but that's why it's a bit jagged.

Close up of pointer finger:



I did my own version of this girl's tribal nails. I really like the black rather than white, but I used what I had!! The white also made everything look softer, so it was okay with me. 

The montage:






I hope you liked them!

No comments:

Post a Comment