Pages

04 August 2013

july 2013 online haul.


As promised, here is the rest of my haul. These are things I bought online, which I don't normally do unless it's from Amazon. But, I have been really wanting a lot of things that I can't get in stores here, so I thought I would just do it (buy things online, that is). 

LUSH.


I haven't used any of these things yet, so everything I have written are what the LUSH website said they are for. 

Butterball Bath Bomb: [link] This is for re-hydrating skin. It is vanilla musk and ylang ylang with cocoa butter. I cut this in half and wrapped in it cling wrap so I can use it more than once. Vegan.

Rose Queen Bath Bomb: [link] This has actual rose petals in it, which makes me super excited to try. I don't think this really does anything for you skin, just make your bath smell and look pretty awesome. I've been so obsessed with rose lately, I'm afraid one day I am going to end up smelling like those little old ladies who wear rose perfume. Vegan.

Karma Komba Solid Shampoo: [link] This has patchouli and citrus to "perfume and detangle". It also has pine and orange essential oils for detangling, and are good for clearing dandruff - good for my hair since winter is around the corner and skin is dry around that time of year. Vegan.

Jumping Juniper Solid Shampoo: [link] For oily hair. Contains lavender and rosemary to soothe scalps and balance oil production. I'm thinking it's a bit of a clarifying shampoo, but I could be wrong. Vegan.

Karma Soap: [link] This has a lot of different oils in it, and they all together smell amazing! I can see why this is such a popular scent at LUSH. I am really happy it was sent to me. I have recently been obsessed with bar soaps because I didn't used to have a place in my shower I could put them out of the water's spray, but I recently bought a shower caddie. I was really excited to buy soaps the last time I went to a LUSH, but I was so sick, I couldn't even smell any of them. Vegan.

Soaptopia.
Hippie's Select Mini Slather Sampler: [link] I love the way all of these smell. I have been using the Bohemian Rose scent, which is rose and patchouli. Hippeee! is patchoui, rose, and cedarwood, and Lavender Schmavender is just lavender. These are 2oz at $7 each, but you can get them in a set on their gift page for $19. There are two sampler packs, the other one has citrus scents. I bought this one because it had all the rose scents. You can also buy them separately here, and also in bigger sizes with a pump on the bottle for $19. I want to try them all! You just rub them on your skin while you're still in the shower, after washing yourself. You then dab yourself dry with your towel. These just absorb into the skin and leave it soft. I also can smell them at the end of the day (so don't get a scent you don't like!). They pretty much make all the scents in every kind of product they make, so if you find one that you really end up liking, you can probably get a soap, Body Balm, oil slather, and more all in that scent! I think they sell these at Whole Foods, I don't have one near me so I don't know for sure. I know they sell the brand, but so does my Lassens, just not this product (really they only sell a few of their soaps and their 50/50 Body Balms). Or if you live by Venice Beach, California, they have a shop there (which I hope to one day visit, since it is only about an hour and half away from me).

Michael Todd True Organics.
Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser: [link] I've used this only a couple times, so I can't say for sure how well it works, but I have heard nothing but good things about this cleanser and this brand. It works well with my Clarisonic, meaning it lathers well enough that my brush doesn't end up trying to clean my skin with no soap. Sometimes if I am using something that doesn't lather well, the brush ends up dragging across my skin, which isn't good for it at all! Charcoal is supposed to draw out impurities from your pores. The cleanser is also for blemish prone and oily skin. This is sulfate free, vegan, and 70% organic. I got this on the actual Michael Todd website, but I have seen it on Amazon. However, I say on retailmenot.com there was a 20% coupon, so that is why I bought it somewhere other than Amazon like I would usually do. 

Amazon.

Perfect Image Salicylic Gel Peel - Enhanced with Green Tea Extract and Tea Tree Oil: [link] I am planning on doing a review post in the future. I have only used it a couple times, because you are only supposed to use it a couple times a week, so the post might be a little farther in the future so I can form a better opinion. I bought this for dark spots, large pores, and acne.


DermOrganic Trio Kit: [link] This kit came with 12oz Daily Conditioning Shampoo ($16), 4oz Leave-In Treatment ($25), and 8oz Intensive Hair Repair Masque ($16) all for $25. I don't know how Amazon can sell it for so cheap, especially since when I went on DermOrganic's website, this exact kit was $50! I have seen this brand at Ulta, Target, and Amazon. According to the packaging, it is Vegan, cruelty-free, no artificial preservatives, sulfate, gluten, paraben, and propylene free, no sodium chloride, salt, MEA, DEA or dyes. It is safe for color treated hair. The shampoo says it is made with facial cleansers..I don't know what that means, but it is on the front of the bottle. I used this for the first time this morning, and it really made my hair soft. I don't like the smell of the shampoo and masque at all, it smells just like a Mill Creek Shampoo and Conditioner I had. The Leave-In Treatment smell really yummy though, so I guess that makes up for the shampoo and masque.


That is the last of my haul. I am very pleased with everything so far, and excited to keep using all of it! Have you tried anything/want to try anything? Let me know!

Have a wonderful Sunday all, and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment